Here to help
- 12-Sep, 16
- Member No.
- Shoe Shiner/RuthIess
The time has come to discuss some potential changes and additions to the server.
I will break this thread down into topics. If you wish to give feedback to any of these please also do the same.
Please Note: None of these are set in stone and are not going to be implemented immediately.
We are looking to implement the glorious weapons as a longer term goal to keep battlegrounds active.
The OP thing about these weapons is the Slaughter skill.
Here is how this skill works currently:
With this glorious weapons instantly become best in slot.
- The plan to make these not completely bonkers was to half the bonus the slaughter skill gives. This still needs testing in a real environment to see how much better these weapons will be in-comparison to the currently available ones.
- They will be untradeable but storage-able.
- Here is a link to all the weapons (ignore the armours) Weapons only
Option 1: Just add the new badge alongside the current one within the @joinbg queue.
Option 2: Some players have requested a KVM only playlist so this could be where we implement it.
The discussion for the glorious ring + badge combo will be handled separately.
- This combination is best in slot automatically for most jobs.
- I want them to be good but not THAT good.
- There has been some talk about the return of  Accessories so the potential for glorious ring to be implemented as is would be somewhat balanced with  rings
- Halving the glorious rings resistances (from 10% to 5%) could make it more balanced.
Some questions regarding glorious items in general:
- Tradeable/accountbound/characterbound for weapons/armours/accessories ?
- Prices for each category? (500 for wep, 1000 for badge, 1500 gring, armours???)
- Should we implement the glorious armours without modification?
- This system was put into place originally to help manage the widespread cheats used in RO.
- Nowadays I think it doesn't serve its purpose that it once did. It really only affects healing spam in woe for the most part.
- With the addition of a possible increase in damage with the glorious weapons healing probably deserves the buff.
- Many players have requested the removal of this from the entire server. At the moment it is only removed from pvp arenas.
People have complained about 1 sided teams in BG, especially when the population is quite low.
- Remove the ability to choose teams
- completely randomise team selection
- NOT show the team that you have joined while waiting for the round to start.
Tendrillion/Hard Rock Mammoth/Paladin cards:
A more controversial topic.
These cards basically killed the tarot meta and boosted mheal like crazy.
- Tarot becomes useful again
- Positioning and "hiding" will matter again. IF you can get singled out with tarot you'll probably die
- Allows for a different play-style outside of lex asura / LK cleave
- Smaller guilds will find it hard to compete
- Tarot will directly hard counter mheal - again making smaller guilds weaker.
Keeping the 500ms delay on tarot would be key to keeping this balanced. Imagine NDL-esque tarot dispelling your entire front line.
Currently mheal stands king in the meta.
The current positives:
- Doesn't need to stack
- Can be executed with the minimal amount of people
- Cannot be tarot-ed with the above cards ^
- IF playing High Priest thana isn't a viable solution either
- If you play anything except HP you are prone to Asura OR thana damage.
- Portals are difficult to push out of due to mheals low total HP.
- Revert the vit mheal interaction change
- Make SL completely immune to dispel - including tarot dispel. This allows for mheal to continue but for tarot to still be a threat to other jobs.
- Removing palliative limit definitely buffs mheal A LOT
Things to look forward to in the future (aside from the above):
These will be commented on in a later date once we have development rolling.
- EX items in the dc shop (prices still to be decided)
- New hats in various shops
- Potentially craft-able ex items and mysterious dyestuff (implementation is up in the air)
- Multiple entrances to SE castles to avoid portal fiesta
- E-tower being finally finished (hopefully )
We are still in the process of transferring the server so please be patient with us.